Thursday, May 27, 2010

How do you do it?

Today something happened to me that was pretty neat. I couldn't help but share.

During 6th period, we were reviewing for the final exam. One of my students asked if he could talk to me outside so we went next door into an empty classroom.
The topic of our conversation kind of surprised me. He asked why I was always happy. He said I am always smiling, never have bad days, never seem to complain, never talk about fighting with my wife, or gripe about my kids.

In my room, I have lots pictures with Cort, the kids, and my family. I've noticed him looking at these pictures before.

He said, "Mr. T, I just wanna know how you do it."

Praise God! One of my students saw a difference in me.

Before I tell you how I responded, I'd like to know how you would respond to a similar question.
Let's say someone notices that there's something different about you and ask about it.

They say, "Why do you act the way you do?"
What do you say to them?

2 comments:

  1. Laura Thomas5/29/10, 6:44 PM

    I've had this pointed out to me too... and WHAT A COMPLIMENT and an opportunity to share what makes us different! JESUS! He loves us, like FOR REAL! Nobody deserves another day on this earth yet still here we are, he hasn't given up on us yet! What more reason to smile?? When you have a personal relationship with him it just gives life a whole new outlook I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely an awesome compliment!
    I was able to share the reason why I chose not to coach. The reason I teach instead of doing something more lucrative. The fact that there's peace in surrendering my life the THE KING. I told him that I try to honor God and please Him in everything I do.

    ReplyDelete